Saturday, May 23, 2009

This could turn out to be important...

Anyone care to contribute an opinion to the question of what field I should study when I finally make it back to college?

I was hit with a bolt of inspiration last night while I was surfing UCSD's and SDSU's websites.  At SDSU, it's possible to major in "Interdisciplinary Studies in Three Departments", and UCSD's colleges offer "Individual Studies" degrees. Which means, basically, that a student designs her own major (I've heard of this kind of thing before, but never really pondered how it could apply to me).  So I thought, "What would I design?"

I came up with some mash-up of Philosophy, Anthropology, and Spanish. Now, I'm not sure it's worth it to include Spanish as part of my degree, so I thought maybe a B.A. in Philosophy and a minor in Anthropology with some Spanish courses along the way.  I mean, I have to take two semesters of foreign language anyway, why not add two more?

Oh, and I want to take some studio art classes...  Really, it's about time I added a little education to my drawing.

Oh, and who thinks it's possible to go to 
HEART for a semester as part of anthropology studies?

Think I can do all that in two years?  How 'bout three, if I only take art during the summer?

2 comments:

Molly Vetter said...

Anything is possible. I say, study what you love! :)

Anonymous said...

I love HEART :) Sounds like a plan, Lea Love