Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Early parole

Six months is a long time. Hopefully a lot of it will be occupied by college applications, and the rest by flying. And good ports.

On the other hand, three weeks is not a long time.

Shannon--the spiky haired best friend--is going to be ordained next month. I wish I could go, by the way. Make sure someone takes pictures. She's moving to Virginia after that, though, which practically won't matter--as I will be sailing the seven seas--but somehow in my mind it means she'll be further away.

I know, that's what you've been thinking, too.

Anyway, for the time between moving to VA and starting her Master's Degree, she's thinking of being a cop. I think this is a fabulous idea, not in the least because she'd look dead sexy in uniform.

But that's not the point. The point is that she wrote a freaking sweet post about Jesus as a police officer. It's hilarious and philosophical and thought-inducing. You can read it at her blog.

I get to fly off the boat tomorrow, a day early. Which is cool, and means that I will finally be able to answer Molly's tag to write my memoir in six words. I've had three days (more or less) to think about it (and to search countless google images). It's going to be epic, so watch out.

Hey, by the way, I get the annoying counting words thing. I've been counting phrases in sixes for the last three days.

Peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear friend Lea:

i am pleased to see that i can leave posts on here. it is kind of like emailing, but more friendly feeling. not like the kid outside throwing a tantrum, and as the screaming is getting louder it seems as if the foolish parent is about to bring the kid inside. kids these days.
anyway, hang in there sister.
you get to see the world. isn't that a big reason of why you joined? go out with a bang...
my prayers are with you.
~becca

Anonymous said...

Becca! I miss you man! When are you coming home?