Saturday, April 18, 2009

Recent happenings

On Tuesday, my good friend Becca surprised me by showing up at my shop... She's in town from Michigan to visit her BFF Mali, who is moving to NY in a couple of months, and had FB'd my mom to see whether she should surprise me or let me know that she was coming. It was a good surprise.

On Thursday, we drove up to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. We camped there--in the snow--Thursday night, and drove through the parks, catching the highlights (it was too cold for hiking!), and back down to San Diego yesterday.

Great start to the weekend, if you ask me.




Then today, I went to Mira Mesa to watch Karen's son Ryan play baseball. Ryan is a most awesome boy, and baseball played by 7 -8 year olds is always a good time, so I am happy to cheer him and his team on. Here are a couple of shots of "Ryan at the Bat"... Not striking out. I'm impressed with his batting skills, myself.

Oh! And yesterday I got to chat with someone I haven't talked to since January, which was also a nice surprise. I'm excited about possibilities again, though I'm not sure where this one is leading. For now, though, I'm content with good influences, enthusiastic support, and crossed fingers.

No comments: